From: Jeremy White [mailto:admin(--nospam--at)structuralae.com]
Sent: Monday, August 03, 2009 9:46 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Strength Mobilization Factor - TEDDS

Does anyone have a resource that gives a good explanation of
the strength mobilization factor for soil and how that
relates to the safety factor?

Specifically, I am using TEDDS software for a retaining wall
analysis and the software asks for the soil mobilization
factor. The default value is 0.67 as recommended by ASCE
(apparently). I don\'t understand the results I\'m getting
and I feel I need more information on how the strength
mobilization factor applies.

- Jeremy