Funny Guy - Re: FRP Reinforcement

Are you the funny guy, now?

Join the Club of Clowns.

Oh, forgot, you don't have to. You are one of them R's.

From: Michel Blangy <mblangy(--nospam--at)satco-inc.com>
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Sent: Monday, August 3, 2009 2:39:22 PM
Subject: RE: FRP Reinforcement

Based on what, something O'Hannity said? And just because ACI is tied to queen polosi's star kist empire there must be something wrong with it?? Everybody knows Sika is a right wing front group.

"Simple?" Respectfully, no, it's not simple.

The requirements for this design are about as complex as anything found in ACI 318. There are many limit states requirements that must be calculated, and the calculated response to load is NOT linear by any means.

The provisions for the design are found in ACI 440.2. I would recommend that ANYONE involved with the implementation of such a repair get a copy of that standard, even if someone else is doing the design, so that you can understand what it entails.

FWIW, I don't agree with the endorsements for Fyfe, for reasons I'll not go into.

There are many such manufacturers now. I've had much better success with Sika, for example.