Re: The Myth of Inadequate Structural Engineering Compensation

Amen to that.  Up here, I am fed up with all the red tape, in trying to get building permits for two projects. The first was applied for summer 2008 and the second in Dec 2008.  In both cases the planning dept has issues - parking, landscaping, traffic, proximity to a conservation area, etc.  These are are valid concerns, but minor considerations when we have a recession and many unemployed.  They don't help you, but rather make them large important issues.
Gary

David L. Fisher wrote:

Also, Gerard is correct…the biggest pain in owning you own biz., the

“non-engineering stuff”

Hear hear!

David L. Fisher SE PE

Senior Principal