Concrete Exposed To Weather (Clear Cover)

The concrete parking deck I am working on will have a wearing course. Would the slab and beams that support the wearing slab be considered exposed to weather therefore requiring a 2" clear cover?

The underside of the slab (and beams) is exposed to the effects of temperature change but will never see rain. The top side is not exposed to water because it is protected by the wearing course and a waterproofing membrane. So I think 1.5 inches is sufficient. Is there any consensus on this issue?

- Jeremy