Re: Signs For RSA

Parag Bande wrote:
Is there any other parameters (other than mass participation) by which we can find contributing mode in the direction of earthquake.
Here's an idea: look at the shape that a "Rayleigh-Ritz" analysis gives you, and try those signs.

(N.B. I agree with the folks here earlier who stated that you apply both positive and negative signs when you include the RSA effects in your load combinations. I know that RISA allows you to do this quite handily, for instance).