RE: High Fly-Ash in PT slab

Perhaps slag problems which I encountered were caused by improper grinding of the slag. What I do know is that in a water reservoir in Pomona, CA the top slab (cover) had hundreds of pop-outs. Upon evaluation of the readymix tickets it became apparent that Fontana Steel slag had been used. As I recall it was used for some of the course aggregate.

Stan Scholl, P.E.
Laguna Beach, CA

All dressed up with someplace to go? Click here for a great selection of costumes!
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2131/fc/BLSrjnsMprEvXJZbpGmKxGjDnr0T9oqtIGd3LbBY48l9lsfKG61IUkL4HKI/