Re: License (Business)

Bill Polhemus wrote:
Doug Mayer wrote:

Don’t be foolish. CO2 can be both toxic and a pollutant. Overexposure to CO2 causes acidosis and other potentially fatal symptoms.

Can you give me an instance where CO2 released widely into the ambient atmosphere, has led to "potentially fatal systems?" I'd appreciate adding to my store of knowledge.

Or, failing that, could you at least admit that when they say "pollutant," they mean that it is contributing to the scientifically unprovable "greenhouse effect" that THEY claim is "destroying the environment?" That's a far cry from being a "pollutant." You could say the same thing about "too much oxygen" or "too much nitrogen" or what-have-you, but those don't support the attempted power-grab that is the "global warming" fable. ******* ****** ******* ******** ******* ******* ******* *** * Read list FAQ at: http://www.seaint.org/list_FAQ.asp * * This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers * Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To * subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to: * * http://www.seaint.org/sealist1.asp * * Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you * send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted * without your permission. Make sure you visit our web * site at: http://www.seaint.org ******* ****** ****** ****** ******* ****** ****** ********
It's called googling:

*In 1986, a tremendous explosion of CO2 from the lake Nyos, West of Cameroon, killed more than 1700 people and livestock up to 25 km away. The dissolved CO2 is seeping from springs beneath the lake and is trapped in deep water by the high hydrostatic pressure. If the CO2 saturation level is reached, bubbles appear and draw a rich mixture of gas and water up. An avalanche process is triggered which results in an explosive over-turn of the whole lake. Since 1990 a French team has carried out a series of tests in an attempt to release the gas slowly through vertical pipes …*

   *The 1984 and 1986 disasters
   <http://pagesperso-orange.fr/mhalb/nyos/disaster/8485disaster.htm>*

*Lake Nyos disaster, which claimed 1800 victims in August 1986, was not unprecedented, but never before one had heard of Mother Nature asphyxiating human beings and all terrestrial animals on such a scale in a single and brief event.*

*Two years previously however, a lethal gas burst originated from the neighbouring lake Monoun, in the same remote area of Cameroon, and killed 37 people, an odd and tragic episode that went almost unnoticed. *