From: Shiraz Shahid [mailto:sshahid(--nospam--at)engineering-solutions.biz]
Sent: Wednesday, August 12, 2009 7:28 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: -- SPAM -- Deformed bars - Permissible variation in weight

We have a situation where the test results give under weight bars (approx 15%), exceeding the 6% permissible variation in weight by ASTM. If we account for the reductions in weight/diameter by decreasing spacings and providing ample steel area, is there any codal provision restricting it.

Best regards,

Shiraz Shahid.