Re: License (Business)

Conrad,
first of all, thanks for your detailed postings. I always enjoy reading them.

Now you wrote that
>In Australia anyone with a
>B.Eng is considered to be a professional engineer (PE), the top echelon is
>the chartered professional engineer (CPEng.)

I have always thought that in the Commonwealth countries, the
chartership is more or less equivalent to American PE. Could you
please explain what you mean by comparing a university degree to PE?
To my understanding, in Australia only chartered engineers can stamp
drawings. So what kinds of projects would need only B.Engs or M.Engs
and what would require a CPEng?
I'm asking because here we have a licensing system for enterprises but
not for individuals.
I also see that a medium-level (~5-7 years experience) structural
engineering position would not normally require a CPEng status, which
is different from the US where you are supposed to get licensed at
that stage. Is that really so?

Regards,
Alex.

--