Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

Re: License (Business)

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
first of all, thanks for your detailed postings. I always enjoy reading them.

Now you wrote that
>In Australia anyone with a
>B.Eng is considered to be a professional engineer (PE), the top echelon is
>the chartered professional engineer (CPEng.)

I have always thought that in the Commonwealth countries, the
chartership is more or less equivalent to American PE. Could you
please explain what you mean by comparing a university degree to PE?
To my understanding, in Australia only chartered engineers can stamp
drawings. So what kinds of projects would need only B.Engs or M.Engs
and what would require a CPEng?
I'm asking because here we have a licensing system for enterprises but
not for individuals.
I also see that a medium-level (~5-7 years experience) structural
engineering position would not normally require a CPEng status, which
is different from the US where you are supposed to get licensed at
that stage. Is that really so?


Alexander Bausk
Civil/Structural design & inspection engineer, CAD professional
Dnipropetrovsk, Ukraine
Tel. +38 068 4079692
Fax. +38 0562 470263

******* ****** ******* ******** ******* ******* ******* ***
*   Read list FAQ at:
*   This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers 
*   Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To 
*   subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
*   Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at) Remember, any email you 
*   send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted 
*   without your permission. Make sure you visit our web 
*   site at: 
******* ****** ****** ****** ******* ****** ****** ********