Re: Aluminum Database

Depending on the alloy, Mil-Hdbk-5 (not sure what revision they're on - F? G?) will have more data than you can shake  a stick at for aerospace alloys, including 6061, which is pretty common. Otherwise, you'll have to look up the ASTM spec of get an Aluminum Manual.
Jordan

Richard Calvert wrote:

Hello All,

I’m trying to create a program to generate the allowable stress (and moreover, the calculation report) of a given aluminum member and alloy.  Does anyone know of where I might get my hands on a database for the various alloys (basically Table 1 of V-6 in the ADM05, but in either in excel or an actual database)

A shapes DB would be helpful as well, but I can live on just modifying the steel shapes databases that I already have… plus my clients tend to use a lot of custom sections…

Thanks,

Richard Calvert, EIT

Project Engineer

Lindemann Bentzon Bojack

Architects & Engineers

290 Citrus Tower Blvd, Suite 200, Clermont, Fl. 34711

tel: 352.242.0100 ext.141 fax: 352.242.0302

www.lbbe.com

Internet Email Confidentiality

and kindly notify the sender by reply email. Please advise immediately if

you or your employer do not consent to Internet email for messages of

this kind. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message

that do not relate to the official business of my firm shall be understood

as neither given nor endorsed by it.