Re: Fees

Gil Brock wrote:
If everyone refused to enter into competitive fee quoting and everyone provided a full service, we would not have the problem. Everyone could charge what they think is reasonable.
This is true.

I quoted a woman, who called as a board-member on a condo association, a very reasonable fee of about $500 for an initial assessment of storm-damage for several units in the complex.

"Oh, that's just too much, we only budgeted a couple of hundred dollars. Thanks but no thanks," and hung up.

Her expectation is that she should pay ME less for the assessment and report than she'd pay a lawyer to draw up a contract. Used to be I'd have been upset. Too many low-ball jobs later, I was glad to hear the dial-tone.