From: Bill Polhemus [mailto:bill(--nospam--at)polhemus.cc]
Sent: Wednesday, August 19, 2009 8:47 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Fees

Gil Brock wrote:
> If everyone refused to enter into competitive fee quoting and everyone
> provided  a full service, we would not have the problem. Everyone
> could charge what they think is reasonable.
This is true.

I quoted a woman, who called as a board-member on a condo association, a
very reasonable fee of about $500 for an initial assessment of
storm-damage for several units in the complex.

"Oh, that's just too much, we only budgeted a couple of hundred dollars.
Thanks but no thanks," and hung up.

Her expectation is that she should pay ME less for the assessment and
report than she'd pay a lawyer to draw up a contract. Used to be I'd
have been upset. Too many low-ball jobs later, I was glad to hear the
dial-tone.