Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
wind pressures[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: wind pressures
- From: "Gordon Goodell" <GordonGoodell(--nospam--at)harmonydesigninc.com>
- Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 10:56:28 -0600
Title: wind pressures
I’m working on a house just below the crest of a very big ridge (2D)...a very windy site in a not unusually windy location. Accounting for topographic effects, I get Kzt = 2.83, almost tripling my wind pressures. End zone wall pressure for MWFRS is 38psf! Just for comparison, what kind of pressures do those of you in hurricane country deal with?
- Prev by Subject: RE: Wind Load Question
- Next by Subject: RE: wind pressures
- Previous by thread: ASCE 7 topographic effects
- Next by thread: RE: wind pressures