From: Ehrlich, Gary [mailto:gehrlich(--nospam--at)nahb.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 20, 2009 11:31 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: wind pressures

Gordon,

Can you provide some more details on the topography and siting of the house? While I’m not an expert on topographic effects by any stretch of the imagination, something seems way off. I have access to some unpublished tables of Kzt factors (work in progress for the next edition of AF&PA’s WFCM). The maximum Kzt for a 2D-ridge is 1.77--for a 25% upper half of slope, 1000-foot high ridge, and the house right at the crest.

Regards,
Gary

Gary J. Ehrlich, PE
1201 15th Street, NW, Washington, DC 20005
ph: 202-266-8545  or 800-368-5242 x8545
fax: 202-266-8369
gehrlich(--nospam--at)nahb.com

Attend the 2010 International Builders' Show
January 19-22, 2010, Las Vegas, NV
www.buildersshow.com

www.builderbooks.com

www.housingeconomics.com