Re: wind pressures

That's probably about high-average for hurricane coast. Look at the charts in IRC for comparison.

William L. Polhemus, Jr. P.E.
Via iPhone 3G

On Aug 20, 2009, at 11:56 AM, "Gordon Goodell" <GordonGoodell(--nospam--at)harmonydesigninc.com> wrote:

Hi,

Im working on a house just below the crest of a very big ridge (2D)...a very windy site in a not unusually windy location.  Accounting for topographic effects, I get Kzt = 2.83, almost tripling my wind pressures.  End zone wall pressure for MWFRS is 38psf!  Just for comparison, what kind of pressures do those of you in hurricane country deal with?

thanks,

Gordon Goodell

Alta, WY