Concrete Cover Over WF Beam

I have a case that is very similar to the following detail. I am only going to have 3/8" of concrete cover over the top of the WF beam.

Does any preparation to the beam typically done (sandblasting, applying epoxy) in order to insure the bond of the concrete to the top flange of the beam? This cover is not structural, is there a minimum cover recommended?

http://www.kerkstra.com/Hollowcore%20Details%2012%20-%2007/2312-1.pdf

Will Haynes