Re: Off Topic: Economic Recovery -- RWM

dfisher(--nospam--at)fpse.com wrote:
Again, I agree 100%.

Things are a mess and getting worse.

p.s. I didn't vote for him, BTW
I remembered something the other day, when a liberal friend of mine was accusing me of being "racist" because I disagree with Pres. B. Hussein Obama's policies.

I voted for an African-American candidate for President of the United States in the 2000 election.

That year, I was less than enamored of George W. Bush - but of course not about to vote for Algore.

However, by the time the Texas GOP Primary came 'round, there was only one Republican candidate left still in the race, aside from Bush: Dr. Alan Keyes.

I voted for Dr. Keyes, knowing that it was somewhat pointless but also knowing that it wasn't a vote that would hurt anything, either.

Ironically, Dr. Keyes later ran as a Republican for the Illinois Senate - against then-state Senator (when he bothered to show up in Springfield) B. Hussein Obama.

If Dr. Keyes had only beaten Obama back in 2004, we could have avoided all this mess. (Actually, I could say the same for if he had beaten GWB in 2000!)