Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Wind Load Question[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Wind Load Question
- From: "Doug Mayer" <doug.mayer(--nospam--at)taylorteter.com>
- Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 15:20:34 -0700
I am trying to determine the design wind pressure to apply to a “plant-on” awning/overhang/what-have-you, that is attached at about mid-height to a wood stud wall. I was thinking it would classify as an overhang, but I don’t think it fits the intended definition of an overhang in ASCE 7-05. Any suggestions/guidance on what wind pressure to use for this type of appendage?
Doug Mayer, SE
- Prev by Subject: RE: Wind load and pile depths for wooden fences (San Jose)
- Next by Subject: RE: Wind Load Question
- Previous by thread: Re: Earthquake Engineering
- Next by thread: RE: Wind Load Question