Revit Structure (was Re: Concrete Reinf Diagram)

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 12:25 PM, Jeremy White <admin(--nospam--at)structuralae.com> wrote:
Harold,

Thanks for the advice.

I think it would be wise also to terminate 50% of the bottom bars (maybe hook them upward) before they enter the column to limit clutter, but the top bars are going to be a nightmare.  I think I will require 2 layers for the top bars even though the clear spacing is acceptable within the beam.  I am modeling the structure in Revit so I can create the joint to scale and see exactly how everything will fit together.  I'll attach a pdf of the isometric when I'm done if anyone is interested in seeing it.

Thanks again,
Jeremy

Jeremy,

Are you actually using Revit Structure for real projects?  If so, any feedback as to the learning curve from a real world viewpoint (not a salesman's biased babble).  Have you seen any advantages to doing the switch.  Management at the firm where I am employed (thankfully) think it's fine for the architects, but that it would do nothing for the structural engineers document creation process.

Thank you for your time in this matter.

Mike