From: Mike Jones [mailto:mike.maryjones(--nospam--at)gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 26, 2009 1:37 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: Old Steel Joists

Doug,

I don't have access to the book (at least not easily) but I've seen a book put out by the SJI that has tables and such for the older joist systems.  I _thought_ it had some rules of thumb for chord and web member sizes, but I could be wrong.  It appears as if the SJI, is still a bit behinds the times when offering it's literature.  You can only purchase a CD of the book.

My manager is out of the office today, but I'll ask him tomorrow if he's got a copy of Technical Digest #7 (seems like it's no longer available).

Link to the SJI (behind the times) website... https://www.steeljoist.org/publications/default.asp

Decent thread from the archive...

I guess visiting the site and measuring the joists is not possible?

Mike