RE: Old Steel Joists

Let me suggest that you read my recent article on older joists including those not documented in the SJI published historical data:

http://structuremag.org/Archives/2009-6/C-EngrNotebook-Antiquated9a-Stuart-June-09.pdf

If you find your joist described in the tables provided along with the article contact directly me because it is very likely that I have the load tables for the product which I obtained directly from SJI.

Senior Project Manager

Structural Department

Associate

Engineers and Consultants - CMX <https://mail.cmxengineering.com/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.cmxengineering.com/index.htm>