From: Mauro Bono [mailto:mbing.london(--nospam--at)yahoo.co.uk]
Sent: Friday, August 28, 2009 7:19 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Seismic design requirements for nonstructural components

What are the seismic requirements for nonstructural components for a building in seismic design category A?

I'm currently using IBC 2003 and ASCE 7-05 on a project in the UAE. It is my understanding that chapter 13 of ASCE-7 does not applies to category A building but I'm not totally sure.

Thanks for any hints

Mauro

Mauro Bono

Senior Structural Engineer