RE: Seismic design requirements for nonstructural components

Check ASCE 7-05, Section 11.7.

Regards, Harold Sprague

Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 14:19:02 +0000
From: mbing.london(--nospam--at)yahoo.co.uk
Subject: Seismic design requirements for nonstructural components
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org

What are the seismic requirements for nonstructural components for a building in seismic design category A?
I'm currently using IBC 2003 and ASCE 7-05 on a project in the UAE. It is my understanding that chapter 13 of ASCE-7 does not applies to category A building but I'm not totally sure.

Thanks for any hints

Mauro

Mauro Bono
Senior Structural Engineer