RE: computer stuff

Stan,

You should try the special beers from Chippewa Falls: Summer Shandy, Berry Weiss, Fireside ?, etc. Very nice dessert beers – or substitutes for lemonade, in the case of the Shandy.

Keith Erick Fix | 95 Bothwell Street | Glasgow, G2 7HX, UK | office +44 (141) 243 4301 | mobile +44 (774) 686 4232 | keith.fix(--nospam--at)jacobs.com

From: Stan Caldwell [mailto:stancaldwell(--nospam--at)gmail.com]
Sent: 28 August 2009 21:00
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: computer stuff

Andrew:

After waiting fifteen years or more, I am delighted to find that this listserv has finally stumbled upon a truly important topic ... BEER!  Also, discovering that you are a fellow native of the great state of Wisconsin instantly elevates my opinion of you.

As a native of Madison, way back before they executed all of the Republicans in that region, I grew up believing that beer was probably the meaning of life and was certainly one of the principal food groups (along with cheese, ice cream, and bratwurst).  I began my beer drinking experience in a serious way at the tender age of 12, and my beer drinking experience probably peaked somewhere between the ages of 16 and 18.  Back then, every town in Wisconsin with more than 500 citizens had its own brewery.  The biggest town, Milwaukee, had the four biggies:  Schlitz, Blatz, Miller, and Pabst.  Being a blue ribbon kinda guy, the latter was my favorite biggie.  My favorite overall was Leinenkugels Red.  It still is, but now it shares top billing with Fat Tire and Shiner Bock ("the National Beer of Texas").

My beer drinking has been in decline over the past 44 years.  Perhaps I have been living too far from Wisconsin.

Regards,

Stan R. Caldwell, North Texas Badger