From: RichardC(--nospam--at)lbbe.com
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2009 11:11:03 -0400
Subject: Concrete Cure Time

Our residential clients have been pushing the time frame on when they can start running block after a slab pour.  Our standard has been 3 days.  However, some clients think this is too long, and we have recently found one placing block a mere 20hours after the pour…

So the questions has been brought up – what is the fastest time frame for block placement? Any code ref’s I can from here?

Richard Calvert, EIT

Project Engineer

Lindemann Bentzon Bojack

Architects & Engineers

290 Citrus Tower Blvd, Suite 200, Clermont, Fl. 34711

tel: 352.242.0100 ext.141 fax: 352.242.0302

www.lbbe.com

Internet Email Confidentiality

and kindly notify the sender by reply email. Please advise immediately if

you or your employer do not consent to Internet email for messages of

this kind. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message

that do not relate to the official business of my firm shall be understood

as neither given nor endorsed by it.