Re: Concrete Cure Time

        Richard,
                I concur with Harold and Jordan. We transfer prestress at 12-16 hours, depending on how long the crew worked the day before. Our minimum is 3,500 psi, and can be as high as 4,200 psi with our normal mix. We break two cylinders (three, soon, I guess) for a full test before cutting strand. We used to use high-early, but cannot purchase it anymore. I doubt our normal mix would resemble the average slab-on-grade normal mix other than rocks, water and cement, but let them prove they can proceed. This is not your call.
        Jim Getaz
        Precast Concrete Engineer