Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: Weather proof paint[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Weather proof paint
- From: Harold Sprague <spraguehope(--nospam--at)hotmail.com>
- Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2009 19:38:13 +0000
That is a very difficult question without knowing the expected life span, the in-situ conditions, and the potential corrosion agents. |
As someone suggested, a coating on galvanizing is a very good, aesthetically pleasing system. It is called a duplex coating. The polyurethane's are very effective, but lack significant abrasion resistance. There are other systems that are coal tar epoxy based that you could also consider.
Regards, Harold Sprague
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2009 09:28:28 -0700
Subject: Weather proof paint
I have a project we called out galvanize for structural steel. The owner does not like the galvanize.
What type of paint or power coat that can be used in lieu of galvanize? What is the ASTM number?
Windows Live: Make it easier for your friends to see what you’re up to on Facebook. Find out more.
- Prev by Subject: Re: Weather proof paint
- Next by Subject: Welded Shear Connectors
- Previous by thread: Re: Weather proof paint
- Next by thread: re: bar spacing in a wall