From: BHAVINKUMAR S SHAH <BHAVINKUMARSHAH(--nospam--at)ltcis.ltindia.com>
Subject: Geometry of haunch for moment connection
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Cc: "BHAVINKUMAR S SHAH" <BHAVINKUMARSHAH(--nospam--at)ltcis.ltindia.com>
Date: Wednesday, September 9, 2009, 12:52 PM

Dear all,

The question is regarding haunch for moment connection for welded steel connection.

Normally we provide angle for the haunch as 30 to 35 degree and length of haunch as 0.5 to 0.6 times depth of beam.

Can we increase the angle to 45 degree for the same length of haunch ( as mentioned above).

Kindly give your opinion.

Regards,

Bhavin