Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
California Building Code[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: California Building Code
- From: Padmanabhan Rajendran <prajendran(--nospam--at)ymail.com>
- Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 14:34:05 -0700 (PDT)
|I am preparing for the California Special CE exam.|
The California Building Code (CBC) has a Chapter 16A following Chapter 16. each of the chapters are 26 pages long. I have not compared paragraph by paragraph, but, randomly looked at the basic load combinations 1605.2.1 and 1605A.2.1. The only difference was the addition of paragraph of 1605A.2.1.1 in chapter 16A.
Considering that CBC is an adaptation of IBC 2006, it would have been simpler to keep one chapter with all required changes instead of retaining the original IBC chapter with footnotes and adding another chapter with identical paragraphs.
Am I missing something? Perhaps, the list members from California could clarify.
- Prev by Subject: Re: CA Opportunities
- Next by Subject: Re: California Building Code
- Previous by thread: Re: Guard Rails
- Next by thread: Re: California Building Code