Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: Seismic Joints[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Seismic Joints
- From: "Doug Mayer" <doug.mayer(--nospam--at)taylorteter.com>
- Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 14:56:35 -0700
As Gary mentioned, the SRSS for building separation will be back in the 2009 IBC and hopefully in the CBC soon thereafter. Luckily, I found out about this early on when I had to deal with a seismic separation and I was told on good authority that it should still be calculated using SRSS. I’ve done a couple of buildings with separation since then using SRSS and I haven’t been called on it yet.
Doug Mayer, SE
Don’t know if this helps any, but the SRSS method was reintroduced into the 2009 IBC. New section 1613.6.7. I believe the SRSS method will also be in ASCE 7-10.
Attend the 2010 International Builders' Show
The ASCE 7 makes a very vague
statement about building separations in section 12.12.3
- Prev by Subject: Re: Seismic Joints
- Next by Subject: Re: Seismic Joints
- Previous by thread: Re: Seismic Joints
- Next by thread: Re: Seismic Joints