RE: high uplift base plate connections

Sorry I haven’t been following this thread but can you attach down the sides of your concrete with side plates.  I’ve done that when my wall is too thin for the anchor design prescription.

Victoria, BC
Canada

From: Salvador Dorado [mailto:sdorado(--nospam--at)tbengineeringinc.com]
Sent: Friday, September 11, 2009 9:22 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: high uplift base plate connections

Andrew,

            I am mostly concerned with the breakout of the concrete, I have designed the base plate using stiffeners to decrease the bending on the plate itself, and obtain a fair thickness for the plate.  However, the concrete is what I am having trouble getting to work in breakout.  Unfortunately, I don’t have much room to widen the concrete grade beam…any thoughts?