Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: high uplift base plate connections[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: high uplift base plate connections
- From: "Thor Tandy" <vicpeng(--nospam--at)telus.net>
- Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 09:28:23 -0700
Sorry I haven’t been following this thread but can you attach down the sides of your concrete with side plates. I’ve done that when my wall is too thin for the anchor design prescription.
Thor A. Tandy P.Eng, C.Eng, Struct.Eng, MIStructE
I am mostly concerned with the breakout of the concrete, I have designed the base plate using stiffeners to decrease the bending on the plate itself, and obtain a fair thickness for the plate. However, the concrete is what I am having trouble getting to work in breakout. Unfortunately, I don’t have much room to widen the concrete grade beam…any thoughts?
- Prev by Subject: RE: high uplift base plate connections
- Next by Subject: Re: high uplift base plate connections
- Previous by thread: RE: high uplift base plate connections
- Next by thread: Re: high uplift base plate connections