Re: Steel straps on wood shear walls

Hmm. Interesting document. Where does it stand re: current code cycle? At first glance it doesn't allow sheathing to resist seismic uplift though. Thanks for the heads up Buddy.

AWC Info wrote:

Alternatively, you can now design the sheathing to resist combined uplift and shear per section 4.4 of the 2008 Wind/Seismic Standard:

http://www.awc.org/Standards/SDPWS.html

HTH

Buddy

John "Buddy" Showalter, P.E.
Director, Technical Media

*American Wood Council*

/Engineered and Traditional Wood Products/*
*1111 19th Street, NW, Suite 800
Washington, DC 20036
202-463-2769
www.awc.org <http://www.awc.org/>

*Email Signature*

*The American Wood Council (AWC) is the wood products division of the American Forest & Paper Association (AF&PA). AWC develops internationally recognized standards for wood design and construction. Its efforts with building codes and standards, engineering and research, and technology transfer ensure proper application for engineered and traditional wood products.*

/The guidance provided herein is not a formal interpretation of any AF&PA standard. Interpretations of AF&PA standards are only available through a formal process outlined in AF&PA's standards development procedures./