Re: Design Software based on Canadian codes

Hosein,
Which provincial code are you using? The National Building Code of Canada is
only a model code and each province develops it's own from that model.

You are required to design to the referenced standards in the provincial
building code: Concrete CSA A23.3, Steel CSA S16, Wood CSA O86, Welding CSA
W59, etc.

I am not aware of any FREE software that will conform to any of these design
standards. There are some very fine commercial products and there are some
excellent consultants who may need nothing more than a soft pencil.

Regards
Paul
--
Paul Ransom, P.Eng.