RE: Obatining Ductility Ratio of a Blast Door

In lieu of the TM 5-1300, you should be using the current UFC 3-340-02.
http://www.wbdg.org/ccb/DOD/UFC/ufc_3_340_02_pdf.pdf
The copy should be clearer.  Go through the example problem of the blast door.  That should help you.  Never the less, it is not an easy process.

Regards, Harold Sprague

> Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 17:13:08 -0400
> Subject: Obatining Ductility Ratio of a Blast Door
> From: kapil.nandwana(--nospam--at)gmail.com
> To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
>
> Hi All :
>
> While designing a blast door, I am having trouble obtaining ductility
> ratio (Xm/Xe) for a given T/Tn and P/ru using Figure 3.64a of TM5-1300
> Manual. First the graph does not have a good print and
>
> Secondly, the value of T/Tn for my case is 0.066 and
> P/ru is 24.5, from the figure 3.64a it looks like the value of Xm/Xe
> (ductility ratio) will be less then the min. shown on chart (0.5). How
> should I find that value ?
>
> Is there an easier approach to find out the ductility ratio of a blast door ?

> *
> *
> * http://www.seaint.org/sealist1.asp
> *
> * site at: http://www.seaint.org

Microsoft brings you a new way to search the web. Try Bing™ now