From: Jnapd(--nospam--at)aol.com [mailto:Jnapd(--nospam--at)aol.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 29, 2009 6:14 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Burierd Pipe Casings

Hello All

We have this unusual project that was put in my lap. I have to support 1" water and gas laterals and a 8' water main in steel casing pipes. These pipes will be buried 5-6' below ground until a future excavation if needed will occur.  The future excavation  will be 40' wide. The pipe casings have to be designed for both loading conditions. Yes the water and gas services are required to be operational continuously.

I am assuming there will be an embedment length for the casing pipe and maybe concrete encased.

Any ideas where to go to find design criteria will be helpful.

Joe Venuti
Johnson & Nielsen Associates
Palm Springs, CA