SIPs panels in shear

I have a new project with SIPs panels involved, however, this one has some potential issues with wind loading along the front of the structure.  My current information regarding this claims that the allowable shear values are for aspect ratios of 1:1 or better, and gives no further information.  However, I found an IRC/IBC report on SIPS.ORG from NTA (?) stating that the allowable was 2:! – which makes more sense – but provides no values for this case…

Considering that these panels are covered on both sides with 7/16” OSB it makes sense to me that these panels would fall under some “similar” method in the IRC, or maybe have capacities similar to 2x unblocked roof diaphragms – but I am not finding anything which validates this.  Any leads would be greatly appreciated here.

Richard Calvert, EIT

Project Engineer

Lindemann Bentzon Bojack

Architects & Engineers

290 Citrus Tower Blvd, Suite 200, Clermont, Fl. 34711

tel: 352.242.0100 ext.141 fax: 352.242.0302

www.lbbe.com

Internet Email Confidentiality

and kindly notify the sender by reply email. Please advise immediately if

you or your employer do not consent to Internet email for messages of

this kind. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message

that do not relate to the official business of my firm shall be understood

as neither given nor endorsed by it.