FW: SIPs panels in shear

Richard,

It varies by manufacturer, depending how the ECC Eval was set up.  R-Control (ESR-2233), for example, has a note in their report with the 1:1 limitation you suggest, but Enercept (ESR-1780) uses 2:1.  Notwithstanding, R-Control has engineers on staff and seems to understand all this stuff better than Enercept.  Don’t forget, though, that anytime you have a problem and need reliable strength, you can ask the manufacturer to put studs in and nail to your shearwall spec, and everyone I’ve worked with will do it with no complaints.

regards,

Gordon Goodell