From: Mark Gilligan [mailto:m_k_gilligan(--nospam--at)yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, October 02, 2009 4:01 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: SIPs panels in shear

There are some real concerns regarding the use of classic SIPS in regions of high seismicity.  In response to these concerns ICC-ES AC04 is being revised to address these concerns.  These are not your classic SIPs.  I am not convinced that they have gone far enough but it is definately an improvement.

Part of the concern is how do you tie the seperate panels together so they act as a system   This is not addressed by the acceptance criteria.  I would consider the use of SIPs in high seismic reagions to be in a developmental mode.

Mark Gilligan