RE: Anyone using freeware FEA?

CAELinux.com is a great free package if you wish to get into the nitty-gritty … don’t let the linux part scare you, it really isn’t much different than MS on a user level…

But I will say people shouldn’t out-right trust any software, commercial or no.  But, on that note, freeware/opensource typically is not as user friendly as the expensive stuff, so one really ought to be even more reluctant to accept the results as there is a higher chance that something obscure has incorrect default or something.

Richard Calvert, EIT

Project Engineer

Lindemann Bentzon Bojack

Architects & Engineers

290 Citrus Tower Blvd, Suite 200, Clermont, Fl. 34711

tel: 352.242.0100 ext.141 fax: 352.242.0302

www.lbbe.com

Internet Email Confidentiality

and kindly notify the sender by reply email. Please advise immediately if

you or your employer do not consent to Internet email for messages of

this kind. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message

that do not relate to the official business of my firm shall be understood

as neither given nor endorsed by it.