Main Wind Force vs C&C Wind Force

A senior associate and myself are having a debate.

So please correct me if I am wrong:

Desinging a wall element for out of plane force (be it masonry, wood, etc.)

When checking the element for forces that are combine, (i.e. axial + wind) one should use the MWFRS forces.  However that same element must then be checked for the C&C load, but that C&C load is not required to be in combination with any other loads.

If this is incorrect please let me know, also if anyone has a reference that would show an example of this I would be greatful.

Thanks,

Jason