Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
R values[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: R values
- From: "Tim Rudolph" <PinyonEngineering(--nospam--at)Hughes.net>
- Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 09:43:44 -0700
Fema P695 has 400 pages to guide the determination of an R-value - the publication blurb is listed below.
The publicacation date is June 2009
Quantification of Building Seismic Performance Factors FEMA P695
This publication presents a recommended methodology for reliably quantifying building system performance and response parameters for use in seismic design. The parameters or ?seismic performance factors? addressed include the response modification coefficient (R factor), system overstrength factor, and deflection amplification factor. The methodology is a refinement of an earlier preliminary methodology, and is based on a review of relevant research on nonlinear response and collapse simulation, benchmarking studies of selected structural systems, feedback from an expanded group of experts and potential users, and evaluations of additional structural systems conducted to verify the technical soundness and applicability of the approach. This draft document has been released for public comment and interim use.
- Re: R values
- From: Scott Maxwell
- Re: R values
- Prev by Subject: RE: R for knee brace
- Next by Subject: Re: R values
- Previous by thread: RE: Structural Engineering Online Encyclopedia (software)
- Next by thread: Re: R values