Re: R values

Title: Re: R values
This would be the effort that I mentioned (without specific document reference as I did not recall it) in my post to actually come up with a “rational” engineering method for the R-values.  I have not kept up to speed with it, but I knew it was taking place and had seen several presentations at different times on the effort.  I do know that there was some highly subjective decisions made that some material groups were not happy with as they felt it penalized their material.  I do not know how all that played out, but I felt some of their concerns were valid from what I recall.

But, the end result is that current R-values are still the “hocus pocus” values, as far as I know.  It will most likely take another code cycle or two before this more “rational” engineering method results in R-values (and other factors) in the code.

Regards,

Scott
Adrian, MI