Re: "antiquated" floor systems

I would argue the use of wood stick frame construction in the US and
Canadian is largely driven by economics...i.e. The fact that we have HUGE
expanses of forests that are ripe for making relatively cheap building
materials compared to steel, concrete, and masonry...at least for
residential construction.

Regards,

Scott
Adrian, MI