Re: California SE exam

Sid,

I agree with Scott's thoughts here.  When I took and passed the SE a few years back, it was when they had just changed to the 8-hr NCEES exam on Friday, and had the CA state specific 8-hr exam on Saturday.  As Scott mentioned, you have to know the footnotes and exceptions that are throughout the California Building Code as they apply to hospitals (OSHPD) and to public schools (DSA).  Things like using a 2x sill plate where the shear exceeds 350 plf as long as plate washers are placed...

If you don't know where all those little footnotes are at, you will lose a lot of time searching for those things.  The state specific portion was an absolute bear.  To pass the exam, you must manage your time.

I was fried, dejected and deflated as I walked out of the testing hall.  I was seriously considering a career change.  But, here I am.

Good luck with the exam.