RE: StructuralPedia - Main Wind Force vs C&C Wind Force

Thanks Jeremy,

I will provide an entry to structural wiki soon. In the interim, a batten is
simply a member typically on flat. For timber framing our code refers to
roof battens and ceiling battens. There are also some cold-formed steel
sections, similar to top hats but flatter, also called roof battens and
ceiling battens. Also for solid brick, tend to fasten timber battens on flat
to the wall to attach plaster board to.

If not on flat then more generally refer to as roof purlins and wall girts.

Regards
Conrad Harrison
B.Tech (mfg & mech), MIIE, gradTIEAust
Adelaide