Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

RE: StructuralPedia - Main Wind Force vs C&C Wind Force

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
Thanks Jeremy,

I will provide an entry to structural wiki soon. In the interim, a batten is
simply a member typically on flat. For timber framing our code refers to
roof battens and ceiling battens. There are also some cold-formed steel
sections, similar to top hats but flatter, also called roof battens and
ceiling battens. Also for solid brick, tend to fasten timber battens on flat
to the wall to attach plaster board to.

If not on flat then more generally refer to as roof purlins and wall girts.

Conrad Harrison
B.Tech (mfg & mech), MIIE, gradTIEAust
South Australia

******* ****** ******* ******** ******* ******* ******* ***
*   Read list FAQ at:
*   This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers 
*   Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To 
*   subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
*   Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at) Remember, any email you 
*   send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted 
*   without your permission. Make sure you visit our web 
*   site at: 
******* ****** ****** ****** ******* ****** ****** ********