Re: floor LL for a club - stadium action

Stadium action can get crazy, and the density can be pretty high. Virginia Tech's football intro involves most of the student jumping (somewhat in rhythm, as limited by BAC) to "Enter Sandman," by Metallica. This video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPQkvLWWaUE from 0:40 to 0:45 shows the metal endzone stands. I sit in the old farts section, on concrete, and can still feel the vibration of the system during the intro.

Jordan

akester(--nospam--at)cfl.rr.com wrote:
<snip>  Reminds me of before the 4th quarter of Wisconsin Badger football games they play a song where all the fans jump up and down in unison. They said on ESPN once that the engineering department did a study to make sure everything was "structurally sound" and could handle the vibrations and impact loads. I understand they have a good engineering dept so I would rest easy cheeseheads. Being a Florida State alumnus at the moment there is no fear of anyone jumping up and down in unison at our stadium, and I don't think groans of disappointment can affect a structure.

Everyone have a good weekend,
Andrew Kester, PE