Re: Readability

... or simply use the Opera browser which is able to strip off visual styles from any given page.

On Sat, Oct 17, 2009 at 6:26 PM, G Vishwanath <gvshwnth(--nospam--at)yahoo.com> wrote:
I am reproducing below a posting of mine on some other lists/forums (cultural and community related) where I am an active member these days.  I thought this should be shared with all of you too.
Regards
Vish
=========

Sincere and grateful thanks to Sri K Raman for sharing an extremely useful link with us.
This is one link that is going to be extremely useful to Oldies like us.
The youngsters may not bother too much with this.

I feel compelled to dwell on this a little more in detail than Sri Raman has done in his short and crisp mail.
I also am unable to control my urge to share it with friends in several other fourms where I am a member.

On an avergage web page,  I too, like Sri Raman, have been distracted too often with the garland of ads, thumbnails, options, links, etc around the main content which is what I am focusing on while reading. This main readable content sometime occupies less than half of the screen real estate.

This simple tool shared by Sri Raman, without having to install any software, has enabled me to discard all the extraneous stuff around the main content and enlarge the text to fill the entire space available and make it far easier to read.

For those who missed the link, or who ignored it, not realising its value, here it is once again.

When you copy this link into your browser window and hit Enter, the Readability page opens up.