RE: Low alkali cement

        Harold,
                Amen!
                I thought you needed that – maybe more than a beer.
                While our limestone aggregate is fairly siliceous for a carbonate aggregate and our cement is fairly alkaline, we have not had problems, but have had them tested, which also indicated no reactivity. So ASR is not a simple issue. So with no experience, and I hope it remains that way, I agree that one should tread carefully.
        Jim Getaz
        Precast Concrete Engineer