From: seaint05(--nospam--at)lewisengineering.com [mailto:seaint05(--nospam--at)lewisengineering.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 21, 2009 5:09 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Antenna Tower Inspection

I've been asked to put a price together for performing a structural
evaluation of a three legged tower, 40 feet tall.  I will probably have to
climb the tower to take some field measurements.  Right now I don't know
what equipment is attached to the tower, probably cell or radio antennas.
I'm wondering if someone who may have climbed these things in the past
could guide me to the appropriate guidelines for safety equipment and any
regulations for potential climbers of steel framed towers.  I know it is a
risky endeavor.  There is potential for electrocution, etc., among other
dangers.

I would appreciate any insight you all can give.

Rich