RE: Unbalaced vertical force on SCBF

Juno,

	 be very careful with the spreadsheets you are using. Our company
also purchased the spreadsheets and found many to be adequate for today's
code.  But, many are missing design requirements or they have the wrong code
checks, but overall are fairly usable.  The chevron brace spreadsheet, from
what I remember, required additional items to be checked, which were not on
the spreadsheet.   Also, use the design example for chevron braces in the
Seismic Design Manual by AISC. If you would like additional information
email me directly.